Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I like your thoughts

This weekend the girls went to Connecticut to stay with my family at Lone Oak Campsites. The Excitement has been building for quite a while, and thankfully my parents showed us a great time. We started off our journey with Pumpkin Iced Coffees from Dunkin Donuts... and continued to eat our way through Connecticut from that point on.

When we arrived my parents had some Thanksgiving dinner turkey and stuffing ready for us, showed us our cabin, and took us up to the lounge. We did some dancing, joined a conga line, and Bridget and Carson got to meet my Aunt Beth.
"I love Connecticut," "I loveee Montana"

Saturday night continued to be interesting... Carson showed us a magic trick, Bridget told us just how much she loves taking out her contacts, we played LRC, started planning a wedding and ate some more.
We stared in awe at the moon
We made up hand symbols, so we can communicate with each other without other people knowing.

We competed on who could make the creepiest faces, and I won hands down.
Then Carson and I turned into woofs....

Day 2 started bright and early with nearly two dozen eggs, and a hike to the top of a mountain.
The climb up wasn't so bad, but the way down was a little steep.

Carson climbed everything we found... trees, vines... fences.

Then Bridget and I being so impressionable, caught the climbing bug and climbed a tree with him.

After climbing a mountain, we were of course hungry. So as we continued eating our way through Connecticut we went to a market and bought some little treats, and then went to a little grille like place where Carson thought it would be a good idea to order more eggs. So the egg count continued.

Then we drove around in the golf cart, and finished off the night with a feast provided by my dad. We had an array of delicious fish, and vegetables.. and spent the night around the campfire chatting about grand larceny, telling jokes, and playing some strange games thanks to Bridget :)

The night ended with banana boats (which are as amazing as they sound) and Carson doing his magic trick for probably the 50th time and Bridget and I still being in awe.


Can anyone guess what Day 3 began with..... yes, of course, more eggs. We ate our eggs as we headed to Massachusetts for The Big E (The Northeastern States Exposition). The Big E was great... their were elephants, fried pickles, cheeseburgers on krispy kreme donuts, and DENIM.



Bridget chose the Puppy, and Carson chose the kittens... but I already have mine waiting safely at home in my closet full of denim.

All in all it was a weekend full of fun, laughter, and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment